With a Retirement Pension from BUSSQ you:
- Can adjust the income you receive, subject to a minimum amount, to suit your circumstances
- May use your retirement pension to top up the Centrelink aged pension
- May receive tax benefits, and
- Can make lump sum withdrawals from your retirement pension as required.
Don't forget BUSSQ can provide you with financial advice about your retirement pension options.
From retirement planning and retirement income stream choices, to superannuation investment options and transition to retirement, we offer Straightforward Advice about your pension on choosing investments at no extra cost as it is included in the fund’s administration fees. BUSSQ also offers members and non-members more complex financial advice on a fee for service basis. For more information see what sort of advice do you need?
You can join BUSSQ's Retirement pension if you:
- Are a member of BUSSQ
- Are over 55 years old and have retired from the workforce
- Are at least 60 years old and have left a job after you reached 60
- Are at least 65 years of age
- Have been assessed by BUSSQ's Trustee as being totally and permanently disabled, or
- Are rolling over money from another retirement or account-based pension.
If you are under age 55 and wish to purchase a BUSSQ retirement pension, please give us a call on 1800 PENSION (1800 736 746).
The minimum amount needed to commence a BUSSQ Retirement pension is $25,000. You may have money in other super funds that you want to use, as well as the money you already have in your BUSSQ industry super fund, to start your BUSSQ Retirement pension. If so, it is important you roll over those other superannuation accounts directly to your BUSSQ super fund before your super is transferred to the Retirement pension. It is a Government regulation that you cannot add funds to a Retirement pension once it has commenced. If you want to roll over superannuation funds from your industry super fund(s), it’s easy with BUSSQ’s Roll 'n' Save tool in our online portal MemberAccess.
For further reading on our Retirement Pension, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 3.8MB).
To start a BUSSQ Retirement pension – or for assistance with retirement pension options, retirement planning, superannuation investment options or retirement income streams -
book in to speak with a BUSSQ Financial Planner today and get your retirement sorted.