BUSSQ offers you the following insurance types:
- Default or automatic unitised insurance cover
- Fixed insurance cover (for Premium Choice members)
- Income Protection cover (for Premium Choice members, by application only)
1. Default Cover in BUSSQ's MySuper product
If you meet the eligibility conditions, you will receive automatic Death and Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover.
- You automatically get 4 units of Death and 4 units of Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover. This cover is work related with different rates for manual (blue collar) and non-manual (white collar) workers.
- Members who join when they are under age 21 automatically receive one unit of Death and TPD cover valued at $50,000 for $1.11 per week. These members can opt into standard default cover (ie four units of Death and TPD cover) within 60 days of joining, or will be automatically upgraded on their 21st birthday.
- This cover is age based and reduces as you get older, but the cost always stays the same until it ceases.
At what age does your cover cease?
- TTD cover ceases at 56 or if you reduce your TPD cover
- TPD cover ceases at 65
- Death cover ceases at 70
Special offer - option for extra cover on joining
On joining BUSSQ you may select up to six units of Death and TPD cover (default is four units) without health evidence, provided you meet the eligibility conditions for default cover.
2. Increasing/reducing your cover
To access income protection, you need to be a member of Premium Choice. There is no cost to upgrade and you can do it online.
How to Apply
- Electronic application: Apply online from inside your own account through MemberAccess.
- Paper application: Complete a detailed health questionnaire. Download the form here.
Important information about your insurance
- If you login to your MemberAccess account and cannot see the income protection option, it means you are most likely not a Premium Choice member. So you will need to upgrade to Premium Choice.
- If you are a member of MySuper, you can only have unitised cover that decreases as you get older. For cover that remains the same as you get older you need to upgrade to Premium Choice and switch to fixed cover.
- If you want to increase your cover for life events or want to transfer cover from another super fund, then you must be a member of BUSSQ's Premium Choice.
There is no cost to upgrade, no change to your membership number or details, and you can make the request online now.
For a full range of insurance details see our Insurance Handbook.
See changes to insurance effective 1 March 2017
Please note: In the event of a dispute, the insurance policy document will override the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the information contained within this website.