Total & Temporary Disablement means you were completely and continuously unable, due to illness or injury, to earn salary or wages in respect of your own occupation and you are not earning salary or wages from any other occupation.
You will receive Total and Temporary Disablement payments from BUSSQ, which is the lesser of $350 per week or 100% of your weekly income (payable monthly in arrears after a six month waiting period). This is the maximum TTD insurance benefit available.
Total and Temporary Disablement insurance is payable after the end of the 'Waiting Period' and ends on the earliest of the following events:
- You cease to be total and temporarily disabled
- You engage in any occupation
- You have received a Total and Temporary Disability benefit for 12 months
- You die or suffer a total and permanent disability, or
- You turn 56 years of age.
Please be aware: A TOTAL AND TEMPORARY DISABLEMENT INSURANCE BENEFIT IS NOT INCOME PROTECTION INSURANCE. Income Protection insurance is available through BUSSQ's Premium Choice product. If you would like to find out more about Income Protection insurance give us a call on 1800 MY BUSSQ (1800 692 877).
See changes to insurance effective 1 March 2017
- The TTD benefit for Manual workers is the lesser of $350 per week or 100% of salary, regardless of the number of TPD units granted.
- You must hold at least 4 units of default or automatic TPD cover to be eligible for TTD cover.
- In the event of a dispute, the insurance policy document will override the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the information contained within this website.