Insurance claims process
24 June 2019
Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance claims process
• When you advise BUSSQ of your Total and Temporary (TTD) or Total and Permanent (TPD) insurance claim, you will be transferred to a Zurich Financial Services Australia claims specialist who will take the details of your claim over the phone. After this telephone appointment is completed Zurich Financial Services Australia will assign you a claims manager who will work with you throughout the claims process.
• It is important to note that you do not require a solicitor to lodge an insurance claim.
• You may be required to obtain information from your medical practitioner(s) or your employer (if applicable).
Zurich Financial Services Australia may decline your insurance claim for any of the following reasons:
• You were not an insured BUSSQ industry super fund member at the time the injury occurred
• You did not meet the definition of Total and Permanent Disablement or Total and Temporary Disablement for Income Protection insurance, or
• You do not comply with the duty to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation outlined in your super fund Member Application or Insurance Application or Personal Statement of Health.
Death Insurance Claims Process
In case of a Death Insurance Benefit, your dependents will need to contact BUSSQ. Our insurance specialists are available to guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary forms required.
Call and speak to one of our friendly team who can assist you with your insurance claim on 1800 692 877.