COVID-19 vaccination protection
05 October 2021
BUSSQ members with an eligible insurance policy will receive COVID-19 vaccination protection at no extra cost.
This gives members financial peace of mind around the risk of COVID-19 vaccine side effects should they choose to be vaccinated.
An amount of up to $50,000 in total will be paid to members who meet the eligibility criteria and are approved for a claim under their insurance because of suffering a serious side effect from an approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Payments will be made in the following circumstances up to a combined total of $50,000:
- For those covered in the event of death, a one off payment of up to $50,000 will be paid in the event of death due to complications arising from the vaccine.
- For those covered for total & permanent disability (TPD), a one off payment of up to $50,000 will be paid in the event of TPD due to complications arising from the vaccine.
- For those covered under income protection, payments will be made during any waiting period up to a total of $50,000 in the event of total disability or partial disability.
This is an extra payment in the event of an approved claim, in addition to the benefit payments under your insurance policy.
This additional cover aims to reassure eligible members by knowing that they will have extra financial support if they choose to be vaccinated and then suffer the rare instance of a serious side effect that requires them to claim.
To qualify you must meet the qualifying criteria outlined in the COVID-19 vaccination protection flyer including having received a vaccination against the COVID-19 virus that is:
- approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration, and
- under an Australian Government vaccination program, and
- administered between 1 September 2021 and 31 December 2021.
More information and eligibility details for this additional protection offered by BUSSQ’s insurer Zurich Financial Services Australia can be found in the COVID-19 vaccination protection flyer.
This information is general advice only and does not take into account or consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting, you should review the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to ensure you have all the information about the BUSSQ product and how it works and consider the appropriateness of the information to your needs or seek independent advice from a properly qualified professional. Prepared by BUSS (Queensland) Pty Ltd (ABN 15 065 081 281, AFSL 237860) as Trustee for BUSSQ (BUSSQ Fund, ABN 85 571 332 201).